Friday, May 22, 2009

What's in a name?
















"Illustrious Illustrations". In case you haven't figured it out yet, that's what the name of my blog stands for. There's nothing sublime about it- I was simply trying to come up with something catchy. I started by brainstorming words that I associated with art. A few plays on words later, Illustriations came to mind.
I admire people who can come up with cool and interesting usernames and blog titles. I thank the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary for helping me figure out my blog title: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary. I thank my mother for giving me such an unusual spelling for my birth name. Of course, in today's culture it's not that unusual to purposefully misspell your child's name. Growing up, though, the spelling of my name was different and unique. I'm proud of my name, even if I can't find a pre-made cup or keychain with Taunnya on it. Even though I am fast approaching middle-age, there still resides in me that teenage girl who likes to doodle her name over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment